We sometimes encounter magazines, newspapers and social networking sites that certain people are making a lot of money through simply uploading their videos on specific topics. How do they do that? What amount a person earns per view on his/her video? Is it that easy? There are plentiful queries that may be baffling your head. Here there are some points that will remedy your endless doubts. So, let’s start step-by-step.
1. Create YouTube Channel – Google provides the facility to create an account for free, that you either make it in Drive, Gmail or YouTube itself. Creating an account gives us the access to all kinds Google services such as Gmail, YouTube, Drive, AdWords, Maps, Photos, etc. If you already have a Gmail account you simply need to create a YouTube Channel and not the account. It is possible to keep different names in your Gmail personal account and YouTube Channel. This means whatever name and photograph you have in your Gmail ID cannot be seen in your YouTube Channel if you keep a different Brand Account, i.e. have a different name and upload a different photo in your YouTube profile. Yes, it’s possible! This is simply done to maintain the secrecy you want.
The Channel name and Username that you create must be interesting that catches attention. It is best to have a specific category. Some people upload everything related to news and politics, some uploads are based on pets and babies, others publish on music, makeup tutorials, likewise.
2. Try to make in brief initially – Well, it is possible to have video uploads extra-ordinarily long but since you have just started and haven’t build a specific audience it is best if you keep it small. People get bored very easily and to always keep their interest well maintained is to create short videos. If they like your video contents they will definitely be wanting more and for that they will subscribe for sure. Once you build quite large set of audiences you may do experiments. Only trial- and-error is the key to success. If your audience shows interest in large videos as well you may proceed. Use Google Analytics for getting the most information. There are special settings to upload those videos that are of more than 15 minutes.
Once your Channel is created, you will be able to publish videos. Since everything is user-friendly there won’t be any problem in understanding the methods. You may seek help from YouTube Support, or YouTube Help Forum where you may directly ask questions in real time and you will be given the answers from experts to get more details. There are even some YouTube videos that explain how to upload videos, add bank account, attach advertisements, etc. Unless you do this practically you won’t get it. There is an option of Video editor as well in which you may enhance your video with some images, background music, etc.
3. Interact with audience – Always be open with your fans. Reply their comments and be interactive. The type of videos you create enables others to judge you in some way, either in the positive or negative direction. Sometimes the videos aren’t up to the mark and you may get more ‘dislikes’ than ‘likes’. It is possible to turn down the video and permanently delete it if you feel like.
3. Keep away from uploading copyrighted videos – If you violate the Copyrights you may face certain actions against you for the infringement. If the other party is successful in proving their claims your video will be taken down. If you violate few times more your account will be terminated. YouTubers aren’t permitted to open their own profile if they continue their behavior. It is best if you go through the Terms and Conditions.
You may also Submit a copyright infringement notification if you find out that your entire creativity has been literally copied by somebody without your permit. But stay away from false claims since this may result in you being the culprit and the officials will otherwise suspend your account instead. Do not get confused with similar videos and exact resemblance. Understand the difference between fair use, exceptional and exact 100% match.
For instance, many women upload videos of makeup tutorials. They all fall under the category of “Makeup”, so obviously there will be similarities. On the other hand, if you have composed some lyrics and music, and you later see some other random guy uploading your originally created song you may claim for violation. There are still exceptionals like people do play the song if they like such as Bollywood songs but the theme may be different. They either do the stage performance, or remix it for Gujrati Dandiya-Garba dance. Let people “know” that whatever be the song, it is originally created by you. You may contact the person for mentioning your reference so as to handle it peacefully. If (s)he denies it is better you approach the authorities. Appropriate action will be taken then after.
4. Add Google AdSense – The number of views that a channel has, enables earning money but that varies depending on “Revenue per 1000 Impressions”, meaning how much a person stays while watching an advertisement (at least 30 seconds). These are of two types – Cost Per Click (CPC) and Cost Per View (CPV). The former term implies to a number of times a visitor actually ‘clicks’ whereas the latter implies just the view of an Ad; even if the clicks are made 50 times that wouldn’t count in CPV’s case. The cost-range vary as per every brand you allow to put an Ad.
Also there is a policy of reaching a threshold of $100. If you do not reach this point the amount of money won’t be added into your account. Once you reach $100 the amount will be credited in your bank account on the date of 21st of every month. If in case you reach $100 once but couldn’t maintain it the next month it will be carry-forwarded next to next month.
If you add Ads in your already uploaded video(s) it will help you more in earning money. Having an AdSense account helps to add commercial advertisements and view the credits. The key is to smartly target the viewers and you are good to go. The target audience search for specific keywords and if those searches match your tags (based on your video(s)), the chances of increase in your views heighten. Those who intend to view your video definitely will view the commercial Ad as well. AdSense has transparency in paying the users their amount, unlike other agencies where probability of fraud is more; also people are getting paid on time. Another benefit is Google AdSense allows to have multiple websites at a time so that advertisements could be attached in your multiple blogs/sites, that other agencies don’t allow.
Always be careful in attaching the advertisements in your videos. Don’t do this frequently on literally every video else your new subscribers will lose interest and unsubscribe later. Let’s face it, this is definitely a BIG turn-off! Practice brings to perfection so get started right away. Dream big, after all who knows you become one of the highest paid YouTuber around the internet!