In comparison with other industries, the Manufacturing industry is one that works on complex processes that are dynamic in nature. These processes can be either operational or managerial, but both need to be synchronous with each other. As the manufacturing plant grows, it becomes difficult to manage these complex systems of processes and people with exclusive information systems. Here comes the inevitability of an effective ERP software that enables the company to manage processes and people under a single roof. QAD Inc‘s MFG Pro is such an ERP software that can be considered as a one-point ERP solution for manufacturing companies. We at NDZ have done MFG pro implementation, and support to a France based global leader in connection technologies. Leveraging NDZ’s years-long domain/industry expertise, our deep skills in technology solution implementation coupled with strong support maintenance infrastructure made us a perfect one point partner for its implementation for them. Along with MFG Pro, we integrated the IBM Cognos Business intelligence dashboard, which gave more insights to their enormous data from all departments and made it available to everyone in a user-friendly visualisation mode.
After continuous meetings and discussions with the client, we identified the following requirements.
- Centralised Modules-allowing users to manage their tasks without switching software.
- ERP Database-requirement of a central database which encapsulates entire data.
- Integration-Need for a fully integrated system that works together to achieve the common goal.
In addition to these functional requirements, we need to look for some specific functionalities that will benefit your business. The following are those requirements that we addressed while working for our client.
- Manufacturing resource planning- For assisting planning, scheduling, budgeting, forecasting, procurement, and materials management.
- Accounting – tools for supporting all accounting functions and additional tasks such as payroll, time tracking, and tax reporting.
- Human resource management software- which encapsulates all HR functions
- CRM-CRM functionality helps businesses track campaigns, nurture leads, and maintain client information.
- Inventory & vendor management- gives more control and visibility over stocks.
- Distribution-involves the processes that get a business’s product from the warehouse to its final destination.
- Business intelligence- for unleashing the locked potential of data and making it available to all users
As part of giving solutions for client requirements, we have incorporated the following modules in the ERP system there by creating a complete solution system.
- Vendor managed inventory module- Managing stocks at vendor location and generating invoice on consumption
- Trade compliance module- Operational transaction blocking such as Quotations, sales orders, purchase orders, work orders, and packing lists and generating mail alerts and warnings.
- New shipment project module- MFG/PRO standard shipping was rewritten with support for UE/UX, containerisation, consolidating invoices, label printing, etc
- Side trade interface module- Files extraction from MFG/PRO to upload in side trade(AR aging external tool)
- IBM Cognoz BI visualisation tool- For incorporating diverse types of visualisations to give more insightful information.
- Improved operational efficiency.
- Centralised management and monitoring system.
- More insightful information.